We’re pleased to announce that Sketch 3.1 is now available. It’s a big update and took us a while to get it ready, but it was worth the wait we think.
New File Format
The biggest change is that we’ve changed Sketch’s file format. Instead of saving a group of files concealed in a bundle, we’re now saving just one binary file. On the surface nothing has changed, but if you’ve ever had problems emailing a Sketch document to someone or had problems sharing it over DropBox; all of that is solved now.
Other feature highlights:
- Improved speed
- Support for layer snapping when resizing and moving layers.
- The rulers have received a nice boost in speed and functionality.
- The Pages Panel has been redesigned
- Boolean op’ed shapes’ bounds now only include the visible area only, not the total bounds of all subpaths
- Creating Masks has been made easier; the Mask-with-Shape button now accepts any combination of layers
- Much improved support for Framer (http://www.framerjs.com)
Take a look at http://bohemiancoding.com/sketch/support/updates/ for the full list of changes